LibrAlign - A GUI library for displaying and editing multiple sequence alignments and attached data
LibrAlign is a Java library providing powerful GUI components for displaying and editing multiple sequence alignments.
Data areas can be attached to sequences or whole alignments to display respective raw- and metadata.
- Flexible and powerful GUI components for displaying one or a set of MSAs together
- Data areas can be attached to each sequence or alignment. A set of predefined data areas is included and custom areas can
easily be added using the API interfaces.
- All GUI components are based on TIC and can therefore be used both in
Swing and SWT (including Eclipse RCP) applications.
- Reading and writing data and metadata from and to numerous alignment formats using
- Different extensible data model implementations, including compressed sequence storage to handle large datasets
- Interoperability with BioJava
Contact and feedback
If you have any question or feedback regarding LibrAlign feel free to contact
Software based on LibrAlign
Currently the following software uses LibrAlign components:
Future versions of the alignment editor PhyDE and tools for analyzing microstructural
mutation patterns will also make use of LibrAlign.
Figure 1 Screenshot of the Taxonomic EDITor. LibrAlign is used here to display and edit single read pherograms and their contig alignments.